TUI cancels more summer holidays including Spain, Italy and Malta
TUI has cancelled a number of summer holidays including Spain, Italy and Malta, with some cancellations through to November.
The holiday firm already had a number of these cancellations in place until mid-August, but has now extended these through to September and, in some cases, the end of October.
The tour operator has previously said it would not operate holidays to destinations which are on the red list, or require quarantine on arrival.
For example, holidays to Mexico (Cancun specifically) are cancelled through to August 31, after the country was recently placed on the red list for Brits, meaning anyone returning to the UK will need to stay in a mandatory quarantine hotel for 10 nights, facing costs of over £2,000.
TUI has said that holidaymakers affected by cancelled holidays can request a full refund, or opt to rebook for a later date or alternative holiday including a booking incentive.
You can check out the full list of updated cancellations below.
Are you booking a holiday abroad this summer or do you think it’s wiser to wait? Let us know in the comments below.
Holidays cancelled up to and including 31st August:
- Florida and Mexico (Cancun)
- India, Indonesia, Italy (Sicily and Sardinia), Maldives, Mauritius, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Thailand (Phuket), UAE (Abu Dhabi) and USA with non-TUI flights
Holidays cancelled up to and including 4th September:
- Aruba, Cape Verde, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Italy (Naples), Mexico (Puerto Vallarta), Turkey and Tunisia
- Canada, Kenya, Seychelles and Tobago with non-TUI flights
Holidays cancelled up to and including 31st October:
- Austria, Italy and Slovenia (TUI Lakes and Mountains including non-TUI flights)
- Bulgaria (Varna and Bourgas)
- Italy (Sicily, Sardinia, Calabria)
- Mainland Spain (Almeria and Girona)
- Malta (except non-TUI flights) and Montenegro
You can find out more on the TUI website here.
That’s not to say that there aren’t holiday options for those who do want to book a trip abroad this summer.
For a start, there are a number of green and amber countries which are open to Brits for summer holidays, with options for both those who are fully vaccinated and those who aren’t yet double jabbed.
TUI itself is currently operating holidays to a number of destinations on both the green and amber lists.
Green destinations don’t require self-isolation or quarantine back in the UK, while for amber you’ll need to self-isolate for 10 days and take two PCR tests. However, Brits who are fully vaccinated against Covid can swerve the self-isolation when they’re back in the UK.
At the time of writing, TUI still operates holidays to the following destinations:
Green: Antigua, Barbados, Croatia (Dubrovnik, Pula and Split), Gibraltar, Grenada, Iceland, Jersey, Malta with non-TUI flights, Madeira and Porto Santo.
Amber: Balearic, Canaries, Cyprus (Larnaca and Paphos), Greece and the Greek islands, Jamaica, mainland Spain (Alicante, Malaga and Reus), Morocco (Agadir and Marrakech), Portugal, St Lucia, Switzerland (TUI Lakes & Mountains), and the UAE (Dubai) with non-TUI flights.
Sign up to the Mirror’s travel newsletter for more travel news, updates and deals direct to your inbox each week.
- Soft Watering Bath Toys for Kids,[DEMEDO] Bathtub & Swimming Pool Toys Gift...
RRP PRICE: £17.99SALE PRICE: £12.99YOU SAVE: £5.00 [Intimate Design] The bathtub toy is made of safe & durable BPA free rubber, which is not […]
- TOWO Wooden Train Set with Town Map-Shinington Railway Track Construction...
RRP PRICE: £45.49SALE PRICE: £34.99YOU SAVE: £10.50 About this item High quality beech wood train trucks and accessories with a beautiful scenery […]
- LEGO 75301 Star Wars Luke Skywalker’s X-Wing Fighter Toy for Kids Age 9+ with...
RRP PRICE: £44.99SALE PRICE: £36.00YOU SAVE: £8.99 About this item Features a LEGO brick-built version of Luke Skywalker’s iconic toy X-wing […]
- Galt Toys Science Lab Kit
RRP PRICE: £17.99SALE PRICE: £12.99YOU SAVE: £5.00 A young science kit to encourage early STEM learning and scientific thinking while having fun […]