Best hot holiday spots in April including Spain, Turkey, Portugal and Mexico
As for holidays, you’ll be spoiled for choice. Spain, Portugal, Turkey and Greece start to enjoy balmier temperatures, while there’s plenty of sunshine to be found in the likes of Mexico and Florida.
Spring also offers up ideal conditions for city breaks when it’s warm enough to enjoy experiences such as al fresco dining, but not too hot that sightseeing becomes difficult. Meanwhile, if you can travel outside of the holidays, it can be quieter than peak summer seasons.
To give you a helping hand, we’ve put together a guide to the best holiday destinations for April – including where to find deals…
Average temperatures of around 26C mean Mexico has ideal weather for exploring or lazing on a beach.
Those who want those fly and flop type breaks can find plenty in the likes of Cancun, Puerto Vallarta and Cabo, but if it’s adventure you’re after then the country is filled with heaps brilliant hotspots such as Chichen Itza and Tulum National Park.
We’ve got a round-up of the best places to visit in Mexico to get you started.
You may also want to check out our Mexico holidays guide including top tips on finding deals, the best beach resorts and more general travel tips.
Where to find cheap Mexico deals:
- Loveholidays has Mexico packages from £555pp – book here.
- TUI has Mexico holidays from £619pp – book here.
- British Airways has Mexico breaks from £693pp – book here.
With temperatures around 21C in April, it can be a great time to explore some of Portugal’s most breathtaking spots, although it’s not necessarily warm enough yet to flop down on the beach.
Still, there are some incredible beaches worth exploring on a scenic stroll, not to mention Portugal is filled with brilliant places from historic castles to charming towns – we’ve rounded up the best things to see in Portugal to give you a helping hand.
Thinking of ticking Lisbon off the list? Make sure to check out our Lisbon guide for top tips on the best attractions and restaurants – and if you’re on a budget, we’ve searched out the city’s best cheap hotels.
Where to find cheap Portugal holidays
- Loveholidays has Algarve packages from £67pp – book here.
- On the Beach has Portugal holidays from £152pp – book here.
- Jet2holidays has Portugal packages from £379pp – book here.
3. Las Vegas
Las Vegas’s desert location means that it’s hot and sunny year-round, but during April the temperatures are a little more bearable at around 27C.
The city may be renowned for its nightlife, shows and casinos, but there’s also plenty to explore in the day from the fascinating hotels, the rollercoasters and plenty of fun attractions if you’re not interested in the gambling.
There’s so much to explore in Sin City, so we’ve narrowed down 10 must-do Las Vegas experiences if you’re looking for a starting point!
Where to find cheap Las Vegas holidays
- British Airways has Vegas breaks from £569pp – book here.
- Lastminute has Vegas deals from £659pp – book here.
- Virgin Holidays has flight and hotel deals from £683pp – book here.
Turkey holidays in April include average temperatures of around 21C so it’s not always quite hot enough to lay out on a beach, but it’s still great weather for leisurely oceanfront strolls and doing some exploring.
Turkey has plenty of eye-catching landmarks whether it’s beautiful parks with waterfalls, bustling marinas and local cafes with plenty of delicious local delicacies.
Where to find cheap Turkey holidays
- On the Beach has packages from £195pp – book here.
- First Choice has Turkey holidays from £259pp – book here.
- Thomas Cook has packages from £336pp – book here.
April can be one of the best times to head to Florida if you’re after the hot and sunny weather, but don’t want unbearable heat that can ruin a day at the theme parks.
Spend your days exploring the Disney parks, or discovering film history and thrilling rollercoasters at Universal Studios, before checking out some of Orlando’s alternative attractions to the theme parks.
Where to find Orlando holiday deals
- British Airways has Orlando deals from £499pp – book here.
- Virgin Holidays has Orlando packages from £619pp – book here.
- TUI has Orlando holidays from £766pp – book here.
Crete, Santorini, Rhodes and Mykonos are some of the Greek Islands that start to liven up from April, and with temperatures from 20C it’s an ideal time to visit if you want to avoid the peak crowds and explore the islands. (Not sure where you want to go? We’ve got a Greek Islands guide to help you find the right one for your holiday).
Mainland Greece has similar temperatures – in fact, it can be a great time to explore Athens if you’re looking to get a lot of sightseeing sorted.
Where to find cheap Greece holidays
- easyJet has Greece holidays from £164pp – book here.
- TUI has Greece packages from £241pp – book here.
- Jet2holidays has Greece deals from £322pp – book here.
7. Cape Verde
Want a mix of beautiful beaches and charming places to explore? Cape Verde delivers with picturesque towns, sandy shores and even some fascinating salt mines.
April temperatures tend to range around 25C in the day, so it’s ideal whether you plan to relax on the beach, do some sightseeing or even take on one of the many watersports on offer across the island.
Where to find Cape Verde holiday deals
- Loveholidays has packages from £368pp – book here.
- First Choice has packages from £606pp – book here.
- Responsible Travel has tours from £959pp – book here.
8. New Orleans
April is when you’re most likely to avoid New Orleans’ hottest and most humid weather, with generally dry days throughout the month and temperatures around 26C.
They’re some of the best conditions if you plan to explore the historic landmarks in the day, or heading to the bustling French Quarter in the warm evenings to soak up the atmosphere – there’s a reason New Orleans is renowned for its nightlife, after all.
Where to find New Orleans deals
- Virgin Holidays has packages from £704pp – book here.
- British Airways has holidays from £884pp – book here.
Getty Images/imageBROKER RF)
Save the beaches for the summer months, and make use of the balmy yet bearable temperatures to explore some of Spain’s beautiful cities.
For example, Seville has its breathtaking Royal Alcazar and Cathedral, not to mention its beautiful parks, while capital Madrid is where you’ll want to head if you’re after a vibrant nightlife and thriving foodie scene.
Where to find cheap city breaks in Spain
- easyJet has Madrid packages from £164pp – book here.
- British Airways offers Seville flights from £34pp – book here.
- Expedia has breaks from £262pp – book here.
It can get quite hot in April with temperatures that can soar to the 30s, but if you want to do some exploring there are plenty of sites you can visit at sunset.
Where to find cheap Thailand holidays
- Loveholidays has packages from £426pp – book here.
- Southall Travel offers holidays from £575pp – book here.
- TUI has deals from £741pp – book here.
Sign up here to receive the Mirror’s travel newsletter in your inbox with more deals, updates and holiday ideas.
- Heated Throw Blanket Electric Flannel Heating Blanket, 150X200cm Home Office...
SALE PRICE: £52.99YOU SAVE: £3.00 About this item ➤[Large size] The size of the blanket is 150 x 200 cm. The electric blanket is made of […]
- Beurer EM50 Menstrual Relax | TENS and Heat for Natural Menstrual Pain Relief |...
SALE PRICE: £59.99 NATURAL PAIN RELIEF: The EM50 effectively relieves menstrual and endometriosis pain using transcutaneous electrical nerve […]
- Volenx Heating Pads for Neck and Shoulders, Electric Heating Pad for Back Pain...
SALE PRICE: £39.99 ✔ FAST PAIN RELIEF: Very soft micro-fiber thermal pad relieves shoulder, neck and back pain. ✔ INTELLIGENT HEAT AND TIMER […]
- Compex Unisex Adult 6p Snap Cables (pack Of 4) – Blue, N/A
SALE PRICE: £46.45YOU SAVE: £1.99 Set of 4 Cables 6P Snap (black) 4 Snap Cables, colors: red, yellow, green, blue Compatible with COMPEX SP2.0, […]