British Airways’ Gatwick to Florida flights take off again
Transatlantic British Airways ‘ flights have resumed from Gatwick with an aircraft bound for Tampa to kickstart a three times a week schedule to the Florida resort.
British Airways will also resume flights from Gatwick to popular family holiday-hotspot Orlando on November 19. This is the first time the airline has operated to these destinations, and to the US from Gatwick, since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic in March 2020.
The carrier plans to operate to 23 US airports this winter, more than any other transatlantic carrier, with 246 flights a week from January. As well as Tampa and Orlando from Gatwick, flights to much loved cities Nashville and New Orleans will restart in December from Heathrow.
The airline’s A380s will also touch down in the US once again, with the super jumbo jet due to start operating to Miami from Heathrow from December 5, Los Angeles from December 9 and Dallas from March 27.
Claire Bentley, managing director of British Airways Holidays, said: “Orlando and Tampa are among our most popular destinations, so we know how much our customers are looking forward to heading back.
“Florida is such a diverse state, so whether it’s a relaxing beach holiday, a theme park adventure or an epic road trip, there’s something for every type traveller. In addition, we’re offering a wide range of British Airways Holidays deals to suit every budget.”
British Airways Holidays has a number of holiday and fly-drive packages to Florida:
- Orlando: British Airways Holidays offers seven nights at the 3* Ramada by Wyndham Kissimmee Gateway from £499pp, travelling on selected dates between January 10-31 2022 inclusive. Includes economy (World Traveller) return flights from London Heathrow Airport, 23kg luggage allowance and accommodation.
- Orlando (including Universal Orlando Resort tickets): British Airways Holidays offers seven nights at the 3* Universal’s Dockside Inn and Suites from £969pp, travelling on selected dates between January 1 – February 28, 2022 inclusive. Includes economy (World Traveller) return flights from London Heathrow Airport, 23kg luggage allowance and accommodation.
- Florida Beach (Tampa): British Airways Holidays offers seven nights at the 4* Holiday Inn Harbourside from £599pp, travelling on selected dates between January 10 – February 10, 2022 inclusive. Includes economy (World Traveller) return flights from London Gatwick Airport, 23kg luggage allowance and accommodation.
Get the latest travel and staycation news sent straight to your inbox
Dreaming of when you may be able to go on holiday again and where that might be? Want the latest travel and staycation news sent straight to your inbox to help you plan ahead?
Sign up here for regular updates on the latest travel advice, plus top destinations and wonderful places to stay post-Covid.
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use you data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
British Airways ’ first flight to the US when restrictions lifted on November 8 was the airline’s BA001 service to JFK airport. Customers received a New York style welcome as they touched down in the Big Apple to reunite with friends and family after more than 600 days of closed borders .
The airline is currently operating seven flights a day to New York, increasing to eight from mid-December.
For more stories from where you live, visit InYourArea.
- VIP MEGA PET Nyla – Styling head set with extra long flowing hair easy to...
RRP PRICE: £34.99SALE PRICE: £31.57YOU SAVE: £3.42 About this item MEGA VIP PETS STYLING HEAD SET: Save your hair from your little hairdresser […]
- LOL Surprise OMG Guys COOL LEV Fashion Doll. With 20 Themed Surprises, Designer...
SALE PRICE: £33.00 About this item 20 SURPRISES INSIDE – LOL Surprise OMG GUYS comes with 20 surprises to unbox, including a beautiful Guy fashion […]