Take the family ice-skating at the open-air rink in Civic Square from 1-17 July.
Holiday fun for the whole family
From catching an AFL game at Manuka Oval to getting in tune with nature at Tidbinbilla, there’s an array of things to do in Canberra this school holidays (2-17 July).
The below list of activities will help keep the whole family entertained.
Go ice skating at Winter in the City
Enjoy the return of Canberra’s winter festival in Civic Square from 1-17 July.
Winter in the City features food, hot drinks, performances, ice sculptures and an open-air ice-skating rink. View the full program.
Cheer on the mighty GWS Giants at Manuka Oval (16 July)
Don’t miss the epic Saturday afternoon clash between the GWS Giants and the Brisbane Lions at Manuka Oval.
There’s plenty of entertainment for the kids at the Giants’ Fan Zone in full action, with giveaways, face painting, inflatables and Macca’s Kick 2 Kick post game. Make your booking.
Visit your local library
Your local library is a hub of activity all year round, but especially during school holidays. Some free events and sessions include:
- Attend special holiday Story Times (ages 3-5) and Giggle & Wiggles (ages 0-2)
– including bilingual sessions featuring Vietnamese, Spanish or Mandarin.
- Join Larry Brandy as he reads a Wiradjuri Story.
- Learn ways to help build your child’s language and communication skills at Look Who’s Talking Workshops.
- Engage the kids with the world around them with Lil’ Greenies fun-filled, creative sustainable activities.
- Conspire with others that have UFOs and get those inspired UnFinished Objects completed together.
Treat your dog at A Pooch Affair (9 July)
Enjoy a day out with your friends, family and fur babies at this boutique indoor dog event at Exhibition Park’s Budawang Pavilion.
The event – which supports RSPCA ACT – includes a fashion walk, live music, doggie retail and much more. Make a booking.
School holiday crafts at the Recycling Discovery Hub
Re-use, re-model, re-imagine, re-make and re-purpose at these creative upcycling sessions at the Recycling Discovery Hub, Hume.
Join the Recycling Discovery Hub team for two free sessions of creative family sessions using paper, tins, jars and other containers to create upcycled pencil holders.
- Wednesday 13 July, 2022 at 1:30pm
- Thursday 14 July, 2022 at 10:30am.
Bookings are essential for all adults and accompanying children. Make a booking.
Discover Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve
One of the local residents – a Northern Corroboree Frog – waiting for you to visit Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve.
From exploring bush trails to becoming wildlife detectives, there is a host of school holiday activities at Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve. Activities include:
- World of Water Bugs exhibition (7-16 July): the latest gallery exhibition by photographer Cristy Froehlich includes beautiful artworks of tiny bugs local to Tidbinbilla.
- Explore the Sanctuary: friendly volunteers are available to help you uncover the natural wonders of the Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve Sanctuary (2-31 July).
- Cubby House Rules (7 July): join in with this nature play activity, which include cubby building and making magic wands, for kids aged 5-12 years.
- Poos give us clues: (8 July): become a wildlife detective and learn how to find clues – such as tracks, nests, or poos – about the native animals who share your property.
- Bush Treasure Discovery Walk (12 July): explore this bush trail and find the ‘national treasures’ along its course.
Step back in time at the botanic gardens
Explore the MEGAFauna: myths and legends! family adventure trail at the Australian National
It’s an opportunity to meet the enormous creatures that inspire myths and legends, art and culture. Find out more via the website.
A few more ideas to keep you busy
- Fly a kite at the National Arboretum Canberra before heading to the POD playground.
- Explore the kid-friendly bike tracks at Stromlo Forest Park before grabbing a coffee at the Handlebar café.
- Use the Parks ACT ‘Find a Park’ tool to discover a new playground or nature park to explore.
- Explore a new part of Canberra on foot or by bike using our list of walk and ride maps.
- GARDENA Perl Regner: water-saving sprinklers for watering plants rows and beds,...
Water saving: For targeted, water-saving irrigation of flower beds and rows of plants for water savings up to 70% Ready: The Perl sprinkler is […]
- Havnyt Pacific Garden Folding Chairs Textilene Mesh Steel Frame Weatherproof...
The pacific garden folding chair has basic construction made of extremely light weight coated steel frame The textline mesh on back and seat ensures […]